In the world of sales and marketing, you should be able to highlight your products’ advantages, benefits to consumers, and their long-term effect. Applying for a job is about selling yourself. You sell yourself to your target employer by telling your advantages over other applicants, the things you can do and what you can contribute to the company once get hired. In selling yourself, it is very vital that you know the good resume words to use.
Start With the List of Powerful and Selling Words
The following are among the powerful words to make your resume land on the desk of your target employer:
Good Resume Words and Where to Use Them
To create resumes that work, you need to build a draft with important details you want to include. Once everything was listed, pick some of the powerful words from the list above and try to associate them with your list of experience. You can use good and selling words for a resume on your educational attainment and background, professional experience, career development, training, and skills. Here is the list of samples where and how to incorporate winning words on your draft.
Example for your educational attainment:
- Instead of writing ‘Graduated with honors’, write ‘Graduate Bachelor’s of Arts/Science Major in (insert your major or field of study) and completed field of study with honors.
- If you have written some materials during your college days, you can also include it in the list of your achievements. For example: ‘An active member of collegiate school paper and wrote numerous articles that inspired college students’.
Example for your skills and career experience:
- Instead of writing ‘Worked as a consultant’, you can present the statement as ‘Collaborated with Fortune 500 companies in developing staff learning materials’.
- Instead of presenting plain experience like ‘Introduced new program management process’, you can write ‘Proposed innovative program management process to the department that fast track administrative procedures.’
Once the draft is complete, review it for polishing. There are plenty of ways to present your skills and experiences with winning resume words. It takes a little practice to get comfortable using those good words to use in a CV and you can finally sell yourself.
How to Use Words for a Resume in Selling Your Application
Resume writing tips encourage applicants to use verbs or action words in their resumes. Verbs are more authoritative, action-oriented and have the ability to move readers. For example, if you are going to write about your accomplishments in using particular software, instead of writing ‘Familiar in using Adobe Creative Suite’, you can write ‘Advanced knowledge and skills in Using Adobe Creative Suite’. Or if you have managed a team, instead of writing ‘Led a call center team’, you can specifically write it this way:
- Managed a call center team of 20 members
- Responsible for facilitating daily and weekly schedule and addressing client’s escalated queries
- Oversaw daily activities of the team and develop strategies to motivate the members
Using the right words, whether in speaking or writing makes a big difference on how people perceive you and the product you are promoting. In this case, your product is yourself and it is very important to use the appropriate and powerful words to make employers and hiring managers realize that you are the right candidate for the position. Here is the list of the best resume buzz words 2017, that also can easily help you.